Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Quick NL Update!

I almost feel like I'm running a marathon because of all the different projects I'm trying to complete (ehh maybe it's because of the large red eye I just finished...

But anyway, I began painting Nightlander in oils, which is what I've been wanting to do for the past two months and never got the courage to just do it.

I'm making a larger painting on this canvas below. All I'm waiting for now is the rabbit skin glue to come in the mail and I'll finish prepping this home made stretcher/canvas!


In the meantime, I've started two smaller ones.


The idea is to paint the comic as an installation in my studio. I like these quick, messy oil paintings and the mixed media aspect of this comic just suits me and it. I'm going to keep at this, writing on sticky notes, making digital paintings, oils, and installation comics until I get this story the way I want it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment