Thursday, January 15, 2015

12X12 Challenge

I just decided to do the 12X12 challenge.

Two years ago I'd never called myself a writer. Then I asked myself, "well why not?" My idiotically strange answer to that question was, "because I can't write."

Well I did get through college and in high school I graduated with over a 4.0 gpa... I think I can write. Oh my grammar and spelling may be way off but I KNOW I can at least make some kind of sentence that tells some type of information, wether it be important or not is completely based on opinion.

Not only am I an artist, I AM A WRITER TOO.

There I said it. I would have never had the guts to say that two, three, four and beyond years ago despite my sketchbooks soaking in inky scribbles of poetry and storytelling along with the sketches. I wouldn't have said it because I lacked confidence. Oh I still let myself know how stupid I am every now and then and I can't say that I'm a good writer, but now I don't make idiotically strange statements like "I can't write" anymore.

It's also time to have people criticize my prized writings that I think can make it in the world. Let's face it, if I can go through the torment of an illustration critique then I can go through a writing one.

I'll say it again...

I AM A WRITER TOO

not just an illustrator.

No comments:

Post a Comment