Thursday, May 8, 2014

Lue's Place edit 1

The goal today is to complete an edited rough draft of the manuscript for "Lue's Place". I also need the correct format
ANYWAY here is the short, 251 word children's book I'm writing. It is the cause of this blog and so it makes sense to add it. Should I add more to it? Or should I keep the simplicity, letting the illustrations do most of the talking?


Lue’s Place

Hello I’m Lue and this is how suddenly one day I just grew. My roof became a hat, my house became a box and when the neighbors started running, I needed to find a place to fit.
That place definitely wasn’t the city. It’s a bit crowded, it’s a little gray. I tried the countryside, stomping prints in the patterned fields. Maybe a place with many trees could fit? No. I just scared the squawking birds away.
Searching took days, nights, and in my travels I found some pretty big places but those were really chilly or dry and sweaty. Eventually I reached the sea and indeed I did fit there. It became my swimming pool with large squiggly fish along the way.
I may have have startled some sailors who were also searching for new lands. In the end they were happy to have company of a fellow traveler across the big blue as they told me a tale of the giant island said to be further along.
The tale seemed true because the sand I landed on was different, was right. The moon’s light showed me the giant island that was big enough to fit. It’s trees towered over my head and it’s fruit filled me full.
I built a new home, one where the roof never became a hat again. I even get visitors once in awhile, some I’ve never seen and some familiar. They call this place, “The Big Elephant’s Island”. I just call it Lue’s Place.

No comments:

Post a Comment