Tuesday, May 27, 2014


When I first started this piece, I wasn't really sure where I wanted to go with it. I had an idea to make a cold place and a fire too small for Lue to be comforted by it. So I started out rather abstractly and put it on Facebook to see if people even knew what it was. Everyone said the fire looked like a chicken and they didn't understand the scenario (and it does look like a chicken!) Any way, went back to it and planned the tone, light source, direction, and generally the composition. Came out with the next two.




















Because I have a serious problem with tone and light, I always need to the color in black and white. The one on the left is the composition I made with graphite so I already made the tone and the one on the right I tried with color. As you can see the tone gets lost again. So I'm drawing it again, this time with the black and white in mind and the idea to not make the colors muddy.

 





No comments:

Post a Comment